ADO v sc Heerenveen

On Saturday night and after a run of five games without defeat, ADO went into the home game against sc Heerenveen full of confidence and backed by supporters who believed in them. The atmosphere inside the Kyocera stadium was electric and loud.

ADO started well and in the ninth minute came close to opening the scoring. Wilson Eduardo skipping inside three players and firing in a low shot, forcing the keeper Kristoffer Nordfeldt into a fine save.

In the twenty third minute, there was an out pouring of heartfelt emotion from all sides of the ground, as fans clapped and sang “You’ll never walk alone” as a mark of respect to Royd Leeman who lost his battle against cancer on Friday. So many tears were shed in memory of a remarkable brave 23 years old man.

On the half hour ADO appealed for a penalty, a long cross field into the box saw Michiel Kramer jump together with Heerenveen defender Kenneth Otigba, the defender won the challenge but clearly used his arm to guide the ball away, clear spot kick turned down.

Final action of the half saw Eduardo fire a long range just over the cross bar. ADO had been on top in the first forty five minutes, Heerenveen having no sight of goal, ADO’s defence playing a solidly.

In the fifty third minute ADO played a flowing move down the right flank. Ball being played in and out of the penalty box, the ball finally coming to Thomas Kristensen, as he got into the box he was clearly fouled by Janio Bikel. The pleas rejected again by the referee Martin van der Kerkhof.

Sixty two minutes played and ADO got their first chance of the second half. A free kick from Roland Alberg saw Kramer rise above his marker, normally the ball would be buried in the back of the net, but this time headed the ball directly into the keepers body.

Kramer was at it again in the sixty eighth minute, a long ball across from Mike van Duinen saw the ADO forward sprinting in to make a leaping header, again his accuracy was off and his header went wide of the upright.

It was not until the seventy fourth minute that Heerenveen got through the ADO defence. Dion Malone was robbed of the ball by Mark Uth, his control was supberb as he twisted inside the box, his effort only just missing the post.

The visitors started to pick up possession easily and in the seventy eighth minute took the lead through a good individual effort by Luciano Slagveer. He collected the ball well away from the danger area before starting a run that took him through the home side defence all to easily before slipping the ball past Martin Hansen in the ADO goal, 0-1.

In the eighty eighth minute ADO almost drew level, the ball swung over from the right by Kevin Jansen beat the Heerenveen defence. Gianni Zuiverloon had to try and back heel the ball into the net while in mid air. He didn’t quite get the contact he needed and the ball went wide.

So two games in a row where referees have decided the outcome with bizarre penalty decision. Last week at Groningen the home side awarded two penalties that were nowhere near to being a spot kick. But ADO got away with that to nick a point. Now this game ADO had two clear cut penalties waved away! No wonder a lot of people feel as though the club is being dealt with unfairly, to put it politely.

Attendance: 10, 876

ADO man of the match: Wilson Eduardo

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *