Heracles v ADO

Sunday afternoon saw ADO Den Haag return to action after the international break. The game against struggling side Heracles Almelo, this looked to be a possible chance of getting their first three points away from home this season. At the start it looked as though ADO were going to steam roller over their hosts, sadly it turned out to be a bad performance of nightmare proportions.

ADO were magnificent from the start, there was a hunger for victory. Their drive was helped also by the fact that Heracles were awful. They looked half hearted and uninterested. They could not string two passes together and within minutes their fans were booing.

ADO took the expected lead in the eighth minute. The ball was fed out wide right to Mike van Duinen. He ran to the dead ball line, kept close control and slipped the ball across the area. Mathias Gehrt raced in and was stumbling as he made contact with the ball, the ball somehow found its way into the back of the net, more luck than judgement, 0-1.

The visitors continued to dominate the game. Their willingness to fight for each other was there flor all to see. The passing and movement was free flowing, all that was missing was another goal which would surely kill off an already lack lustred team in front of them.

What happened after the thirty minute mark is anybodies guess. It was as though someone and flicked a switch. ADO completely switched off and were doing what Heracles had done. Heracles took the game over far too easily and in the space of fifteen minutes tore ADO apart.

 In the thirty second minute the hosts moved down the right. Oussama Tannane raced through into the penalty area, a quick one two with Iliass Bel Hassani beat four ADO defenders and Tannane poked the ball home, so simple it was brilliant, 1-1.

In the forty third minute a long chipped ball into the ADO penalty area by Bryan Linssen was neatly controlled by Thomas Bruns. Two touches left ADO keeper Martin Hansen in two minds as what the striker was going to do. Bruns kept cool and the ball rested in the back of the net, 2-1.

In the forty fifth minute ADO conceded again. From ADO’s own penalty area, Heracles raced forward, Linssen played the ball into the path of Tannane, who fired the ball easily into the goal, 3-1.

The second half started and what all the ADO fans expected to see was a response from the players. a response that simply did not materialise. Heracles were very comfortable in control and dictated the pace of the game. ADO huffed, puffed and resorted to a pointless long ball game. Easy pickings for the home sides defence.

ADO’s captain Alberg began to lose his temper with those around him. Several times berating his team mates like a stern and angry headmaster. He then began to lead by example. In the closing period of the game he took it upon himself to get at Heracles. Unfortunately his numerous attempts on goal where wide of the mark.

At the press conference later, manager Henk Fraser said his team had lost its winning mentality. This needs to be changed as a matter of urgency, as the next game is Ajax at home next Sunday.

Attendance: 8,219

ADO man of the Match: Roland Alberg, hard working and never gave up the chase.

ADO team: Martin Hansen, Gianni Zuiverloon, Vito Wormgoor, Wilfried Kanon,  Aaron Meijers, Thomas Kristensen, Roland Alberg, Dion Malone, Mathias Gehrt, Michiel Kramer, Mike van Duinen

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *